Wednesday, March 16, 2011

More Japan

Thoughts are still drifting back to Japan throughout most of the day.. I am comforting myself listening to the music of an old friend.  Lost in memories.  When you have been connected to a place, when you identify with the people and culture, even though it's hundreds of miles from your current life now..   when you love something, it doesn't leave your heart.
wall hanging by Mrs. Ito, Tomakomai, Hokkaido.
In case you didn't know, I lived in Kyoto and Hokkaido at the turn of the century.  I learned to quilt there.  If I had made one, two, three life choices differently, I might still be there now.

I'm still looking to contribute to any quilt-related Japan tragedy fundraisers (auctions), if you have heard of anything  please let me know.

***ETA*** this looks like a start..
***ETA*** here is a link to donate QUILTS directly to Japan through Patchwork Quilt Tsushin and Quilters Newsletter magazine.  Deadling: April 30th.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to help too. Hope we get more details soon from a la mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I can see the Japanese influence in your quilts. Yes, I hope there will be a way for us to send quilts. What a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...