Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let's start the year end party early!


It's the last Friday of the year!!  and it's my turn to host TGIFF! (for real this time!)
I'm posting Australian time, but I hope to update by Friday night (NY time) with an actual finish of my own.. My stitch n bitch is underway as we speak, so wish me luck~
***ETA**
Applique Laurel Leaf block is DONE!!  and it's still Thursday in New York!  That means i can go on to finish another project before tomorrow night, right?
I'm sorry I didn't have a completed, bound, washed quilt to share this week.. but this one block does feel like quite the accomplishment.  It was Shelly's October block for our Two's Company Bee (totally inspired by the Infinite Variety show in NYC last March), and I'm late, but at least it's finished.  Hopefully I can get it to the post office tomorrow and that'll be one big item off my year-end to-do list (you know, the "let's finish all this stuff before 2012" list..).
Did you finish anything this week?  Please link up and share!  It's the end of the year, let's start celebrating~

8 comments:

  1. I didn't have any finishes, but I did get my sewing machine fixed so now I can finally sew again. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see which one you picked! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that block....and to think you did it standing up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to apologize, Jess! An appliqué block like that is an accomplishment in itself! Beautiful! Thanks for hosting TGIFF! I'm hoping to have a post up today too, but it will be later today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful! I've done no sewing so nothing to link I'm afraid. Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of work to me! I say "way to go!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't done any sewing on my machine for over 2 weeks either. I linked up a blog post I've been meaning to get to for a month though!
    I'm not sure why the linky is going all the way across the page instead of staying in this column?
    Great work on your square. In my opinion, finishing squares is an accomplishment. I'm hankering to get to my sewing machine now and finish up the last 8 or 9 squares I need to the quilt I am currently working on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all the patterns in your block. And really sometimes a block is a huge accomplishment. And its still a finish so it counts in my book.

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...