Monday, June 4, 2012

change of scenery

Since we got back from London I had been in a bit of a quilty rut-- I just couldn't find a comfortable place in the house to sew while George was at school.  Yes, we've been in the house for weeks on end (with no car.. I've felt "trapped" on more than one occasion) and I've tried to sew in a bunch of different places (thankfully, the house is quite big), but something was up with my subconcious comfort level and I just couldn't take it anymore..
so I left.
I took George to school and then walked to Starbucks, got a coffee, and sat and stitched there for 2 hours. 

Much better.  Much more "me".
Have you been stitching in public lately?

12 comments:

  1. Love that idea - just might have to try it! Might get the creativity flowing in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the house can feel like a coffin. That was a good idea. It looks like the Starbucks in London are more brightly lit than the ones here in the states. I prefer London's style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally! I worked on some rose star blocks for 90 minutes in the dealership waiting room while the car was being serviced and inspected ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful time!
    I've started working on my table topper after a winter slack-off...nice for the more on the go of Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today on the subway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. IF only we HAD a Starbucks..... but nope, they are not in South Africa....I envy you!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watched your video with the quilt patis templates. What does the packaging look like - I would like to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you speak Greek? I mean, if people ask you about your work, what do you say??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring and summer I travel with husband. So my handwork has been in airports and lobby of hotels. I'll find a corner and I'm happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're enjoying your time away. You've been on my mind lately. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I love it, stitching for a couple hours at Starbucks. :D You know, I haven't stitched in public for quite a while. Before they started college (the last 2 years), I used to stitch at swim practices, band practices, and high school football games. Since then, the only stitching I do outside home is at guild meetings. How blase!

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...