Tuesday, January 8, 2013

43.5"

That's just about the width of a piece of yardage.. it's also the same size as the circumference of my belly..
So at 38 weeks 2 days, I'm feeling big, occasionally uncomfortable (especially when I don't get enough sleep), but generally pretty good. I'm trying to make the most of each day that I've got left. We've been spending tons of quality time just the 3 of us, I've visitied with lots of friends, and I've been quilting, quilting a LOT.

I had some orphan blocks I'd been playing with a few years ago (after this awesome retreat), and thought it was about time to make something out of them.. I thought they might become pillows, but before I knew it, I had a small quilt.
It's a bizzare size-- 51" x 40"(?)  do I stop here or keep adding? I pulled out Gwen & Freddy's book for inspiration and really, the possibilities are endless. We'll see what happens in the time I have..

ETA: I just measured the width.. it's 43.5" 
it's a sign, I guess I'm done.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and nice size for a small sofa quilt. Rest as much as possible, as soon as the balloon pops you won't have me time. Sending you energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby might be born on my birthday... (You'd be more than a week overdue, so I won't mention the actual date.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you know I just had to measure mine! 49"!! Hope you enjoy the last few days :)
    I would keep going with the quilt, it needs another border and you might come across another fun block you could add rows of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica! I have to say also that your baby might be born on my birthday - I'll tell you later if so. You are in my thoughts!
    What a beautiful quilt - absolutely good sign! Hugs! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks done to me. Pretty quilt. Good luck with the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOO cute! So is the quilt. Good luck, I'll be thinking of you. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is stunning as usual,good luck on your upcoming big day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt! That's quite a coincidence about this size. Sounds like a good story for the life of the quilt. Hmm, baby quilt size?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way of sizing a quilt.
    Good luck with both xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you look awesome...continued blessings...and cant wait to meet the new bundle of fabric...smiles..

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are looking great... and making great looking quilts, too!

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...