Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Morning Star Count 2014/8

The highlight of my quilting week? (after Skyping my way into a Japanese quilting class, of course) Basting hexies in the car as Jack napped, parked at the beach.
We had beautiful weather this weekend and I really wanted to get out and run around with George and Costas, but the little guy was sleeping.  I got a few more in the pile and when he woke up, we went on a beach adventure.    We had to climb over a pile of snow to get there and once we were in the sand,  Jack didn't really know what to make of the place.
We had fun though, and now we're all anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring. 

Even though I basted a nice stack, I didn't manage to add anything to the finished pile this week.  I have several non-epp projects going, including the binding on Travel Quilt #2, which I hope to be able to show off in a few days.  The thing is mammoth though, don't know who I can bribe to help with a decent photo shoot.. 

So, for this week's Star Count, I have nothing new to show.. 3 down and 17 more to go til summer.  We had a great turn out for last week's linky party, so the giveaway will go off as promised.   I'll do a separate post congratulating the winners, hopefully later today.   A big thanks to all who linked up, especially friends of Ailyn (whose post on EPP was amazing!  If you missed it, go check it out!) I was surprised and happy to find so many German speaking quilters into EPP, and I'm excited to share that Quilting on the Go has been translated into German and will be published by Frechverlag this spring.  More details as soon as I get them.  
So now on to this week's link up!  Show us what you've got!

6 comments:

  1. Such sweet photos of the boys on the beach! Congrats on the book being published in German!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the translation to German! That's excellent. As was the weather this weekend. Looks like a great beach trip. Despite how nice it was, I managed to finish binding my King size (now that I'm practiced, let me know if you want help binding!) so it's back to EPP for me. I look forward to next week's linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I speak fluent German and I really enjoyed reading the German text of the EPP. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beach too, looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics.Congratulations on being publised!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your book. And, I love your quilting at the beach pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...