Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Morning Star Count 2014/11

Is spring here?  I think it might be, but then again, I'm writing this post ahead of schedule and the forecast is predicting snow for Monday..
Anyway, I've been very productive this week.. the boys helped me sort through some scraps one afternoon and I've got a nice basket full of hexie-diamond hopefuls.




 I figure I better not cut too many now in case I change my mind about the colors.  I have pulled a lot of purples, pinks and oranges, and I'm not sure if I'll want to stick with that when I actually get around to stitching them.  I let George help and select the fabrics for the rings around the bird hexies-- one uses a blue scrap from the quilt on his bed, I wonder if he recognizes it.  They are definitely not fabrics I would have picked to go together, so these two bird blocks will be all George, and that's just fine by me.  I hope by the time I reach the other side of the quilt, Jack will be old enough to contribute his preferences too.

So, show us what you've got!


6 comments:

  1. I like the blue-green-purples. It looks like your helpers are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the boys had a lot of fun helping Mom! The colors are great and I think pinks and oranges along the blues, greens, and purples will look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pics of the boys in the scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics.Your helpers are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And to think that some folks throw away fabric scraps that size! Look at all the useful and beautiful things one can make with them !

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...