Thursday, June 4, 2015

It's time to Get Started Quilting!

I am very happy to announce today that my second book is here:

I just got my advanced copy and it will hit store shelves later this month in the UK and at the end of July in the US and Canada.

Please click the links below to order advanced copies via amazon:
(Yes, the UK edition has a different name: The Complete Quilter, but the content is the same)
The Complete Quilter
Get Started Quilting




















or ask your favorite bookseller, fabric shop or quilt shop (brick and mortar or online) if they can carry it.  If you'd like a signed copy, check out my Events tab for where I'll be in the coming weeks.  If I'm not coming close to your neighborhood, why not ask your local quilt group to contact me to set up an event?  I've got some flexibility in my travel schedule coming up and I'd love to come out and talk to quilters anywhere.  (weekends next fall, Dec/January, March/April 2016 and July 2016 are my most flexible times for travel).  Don't you want to sit and sew with me?

So what's the book about, anyway?
Get Started Quilting is truly a beginner's guide, so if you area already an experienced quilter, you might not need it in your collection, BUT, we all know someone who likes quilts but hasn't taken the plunge.. why not get a copy for THEM?  Or give your local library a call and see if they want to carry it, for the good of the entire community?  

Inside are 20 something quilt blocks with instructions and step-by-step photographs.  They range from traditional machine pieced to handwork and a bit of improv.  My favorite at the moment are the Improv Baskets  (turn orphan blocks into baskets!) and the Free cut Ainu Inspired Spiral (hand applique).  
I can't get this pic to turn around!  Sorry!

The book is set up to encourage you to try things out and then mix and match to make projects.  If you try all the techniques, you can put them together into a sampler quilt:

If you want to see this quilt in person, it will be hanging outside at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show next month.  I'll be there too, let's take selfies!

Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll take time to show off each of the projects and talk a bit about my process.  
I'm so excited to share this book with everyone~ 
Thanks for checking it out!


9 comments:

  1. CHINATOWN! Yeah, that's what my phone thought I was typing...what I was really going for was, "CONGRATULATIONS!" :D

    Totally going to pee order (oh my gosh! PRE order) a copy just because I like you. Maybe a Christmas present for my 11yo.

    Now to check your travel dates...

    So awesome, yay toy! (Sigh...yay YOU!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! I am a veteran quilter, but I see some blocks that are new to me. I can't wait to make a freehand spiral...and those butterflies...and that log cabin-in-the-corner...and use up some orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jessica!!! Can't wait to order a copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a seasoned quilter who is very much looking forward to adding it to my library.....Congratulations on such a cool accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congratulations! Loved your first book and sure it won't be long til this is added to my library :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations,It's a Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH great, congrats! Must look this out : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may not be a newbie, but you know I have to get your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey awesome! Way to go! Looking forward to checking it out.

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...